OK, so our journey began in Blanding, but I was a wee bit emotional, so I didn't get the camera out until we were in Idaho! Horrible, I know, but such is life! We left Blanding Monday, August 8th and ventured to Lehi to spend a couple days with my dad and to say good bye to the families up north. I know we missed seeing so many, but our time was limited, and we ended up with the truck in the shop for most of our stay! Gotta love the unexpected expenses. On Wednesday, August 10 we made a stop in Middleton, Idaho to catch up with some AMAZING friends. It was so nice to just RELAX with Lorin and Dorene (and kids, of course)! Thank you so much for letting us stay with you, Tanner family! We got a late start on Thursday, so we ended up staying somewhere in Washington that night, and then finished our lower 48 land journey in Bellingham, Washington where we boarded the ferry bound for Ketchikan, Alaska! I'm still getting my head wrapped around the idea that we have actually made this move, so I'm just including pictures with a few descriptions, and will do a post sometime in the near future to explain WHY we are doing WHAT we are doing. So much emotions have gone into this move, but know that we are doing what we KNOW is best for our family...and we are having the ADVENTURE of a LIFETIME!!! We love you and thank you for ALL the support!
Best Friends REUNITED - at least for a day! Kaiden has sure missed Brennan, so the stop in Idaho was a GREAT treat for ALL of us!
Lorin and Dorene Tanner - man, we have missed this family!
Cami - not sure I gave her permission to grow up, but she did it anyways! Gorgeous girl!
Brit - not sure she is ready to begin another day of driving.
Our last night before hitting the ferry - we were just too tired to go any further that night!
James got a hold of the camera
Our view from the tent
Yuppers, that's our truck - LOTS of prayers went into getting this too heavy load here SAFELY!
Time to get going
Kaiden helping James take down the tent
Oaks getting a little tangled while on dog duty
Hunter helping to UNTANGLE the mess!
Brit STILL not sure she wants to travel any more!
James finishing up the job!
Loading up for the drive to the ferry
The view from the road - ALMOST there!
















1 comment:
Becky, you guys are so brave for doing this. I actually envy you a little. I'm thinking I could use a good adventure too. Maybe some day. Good luck and enjoy every minute of it. Keep us all updated.
Post a Comment