Saturday, August 27, 2011

A morning at the beach...

James began inservices this week in Thorne Bay.  Tuesday morning the kids and I decided to spend some time at the beach.  We missed "low tide," but still managed to spend some time on the beach before the tide got to be too high.  This is the beach we can walk to from our house.  It was overcast that morning, but it was still beautiful!
 The beach during "low tide"
 The kids were hoping to get to the beach during the "low tide" but we missed it, so they had to settle for exploring the rocks  higher on the beach.  
 Kaiden found a new friend
 Still exploring...when "high tide" comes in, ALL of this is COVERED!
 Kaiden exploring under the rocks...
 Lookin' for crabs and star fish
 The tide is beginning to come in...
 The view from the beach to our house...you CANNOT see our house, but it is to the right of the three buildings you CAN see...I will get better pictures soon!!!
 Kaiden with ANOTHER friend.
 I have entirely too many smart aleck comments about crabs, so I will just STOP now!!!
 The kids thought it would be fun to make our OWN STAR with our boots...so here we are...mine are the flower ones (of course), then we have Oaks (with the pink pants), Brit, Hunter, and Kaiden
 LOVE this face!!!  She lost the second of her two front teeth when she and Hunter were wrestling!
Jellyfish!  If you look closely, you can see the jellyfish (and if I knew how to use my photo editing stuff, I would make an arrow, but I can't, so I won't).  The center green leafy thing sticks about 1/2 way to the CENTER of the jellyfish!  Anyways, hope you enjoyed some pictures from OUR beach!!!

No comments: