Although we have spent the majority of the last few days AT the school, August 30th was the official FIRST day of school. The kids were up and ready to go pretty early. School doesn't start until 8:30, but James and Kaiden went early to set out breakfast for the students. Yes, Kaiden is our official "breakfast boy." His morning was COMPLETE when he walked into the room and Miss Emily had Adam Sandler's "Lunchlady Land" playing on the stereo! Have I mentioned that we are LOVING it here?!?!? I took the other three kids up around 8:15 to have breakfast and get ready for the day to begin. The morning was fun as we got to know each of the students and they had their turn to ask questions of the teachers. At lunch I went home and had the afternoon to myself. Around 3:30 the kids came home exclaiming, "This was the BEST first day of school EVER!" It's moments like this that I KNOW we are where we are meant to be! SOON, I promise to post MY STORY about WHY we made this move!
Hunter (with the flat-brimmed hat...I swear he SLEEPS with the dang thing), Brittany, James, Oaklee, Kaiden!
Oaklee on the bench in the front of the school. She has been wanting her picture on the bench for DAYS...I finally remembered the camera!!!
And, this was the AFTER SCHOOL activity! Brittany and Kaiden decided the fort needed a coat or two of paint. They spent ALL afternoon and most of the early evening working on it! Again, watching them work TOGETHER and actually ENJOY the time makes EVERY hard part of this move WORTH IT! We miss our family and friends terribly, but I wouldn't trade this experience for ANYTHING. My family is becoming a FAMILY and my kids are becoming FRIENDS! We are reading our scriptures, having prayer and SLOWING down to enjoy life! We are remembering WHAT is important in life...FISHING!!! :) We love you ALL!!!



1 comment:
Mackayla wants to come play at Oaklee's house! We'll be right over! It looks like you guys are having the time of your lives. Such a great experience for you all!
Post a Comment