Thursday, April 30, 2009

I live in the GREATEST place EVER...

I want to thank so many of you for all the help and support I have recieved since returning home from my knee surgery...I know I will forget someone, and I am sorry for that, but I am only human afterall...and maybe with the knee of a 65-year-old, I also recieved the memory of a 65-year-old...who knows...now on the the THANK YOUS...

James - what a man. He has cleaned the house, come home during EVERY single prep hour (and those are sacred to a school teacher), gone shopping for every craving (you'd think I was pregnant with the cravings I'm having...NO, I'm not...not a single chance), listened to me rant and rave, held me while a cried, cussed with me during exercises, stayed up late to make sure I am properly drugged before bed, gotten kids up, dressed and to school (on TIME)...the list goes on and on...again, what a man!!!

Dad and Jeannette - thanks for giving me a place to veg out during the first few days post-op. And, thanks for knowing me and loving me enough to have chocolate cake on the table waiting for me at 12:05 Thursday morning...knowing that I could NOT eat after midnight...wait, why am I thanking you for that torture? :) I love that you still remember how much I love that CAKE!

J.C. - I know you are a tough guy, but you were so tender when I needed it. You are an awesome little brother and I love you to pieces!!!

Kaiden, Brittany, Hunter, and Oaklee - what amazing kids...always willing to grab the phone, take out the dog, get mom drinks, and just be there to help with whatever I need...I love you kids!

Kathryn - where do I even start? Thank you for loving me enough to listen to me rant and rave at all hours. Thank you for not making me feel stupid over ever concern. Thank you for being there...even when you couldn't physically "be there." Thank you for driving all the way from Verdure just to bring me chocolate and drugs that were just out of reach for me :) Thank you for coming to watch me Monday...for being my taxi and for making me chicken noodle soup. What did I ever do to deserve a sister like you?

Mom - even though life is crazy busy, you still tried to bring me lunch...twice...it wasn't your fault I already warmed up Kathryn's soup...it's just so good :) Thank you for always being willing to help when you can. And, a special thank you for the strawberry twist smoothies...they are such a happy thing to me!

Shauna - thank you for coming over just to check on me. Thank you for not making me feel like a horrible homemaker because my house was in shambles. Thank you for just stepping right in and helping with my house and laundry...and most of all, thanks for giving me someone to visit with during a rough afternoon. I'm so grateful to live is such an amazing neighborhood.

5th Ward Sisters - What an amazing group of women. I have not eaten so good in my life. You have taken such good care of me...not just the meals, either. The phone calls, cards, goodies, and just knowing that you are thinking about me. You are true examples of "Relief Society." What a priviledge and honor to know you and call you my sisters!

Lana - not just my aunt, but also my friend. Even with Monty's crazy schedule and your own pre-school craziness (I know graduation is coming up and it is a crazy time), and trying to get ready for Kesha's move, you still worry about me...Thank you!

Tonya and Ann - my chocolate supply is low and I need a refill. Thank you for knowing me so well and knowing that nothing makes me feel as good as chocolate :)

Sallie - Thank you for the daily phone calls. Thank you for taking care of so much while I was still up north. Thank you for all your selfless service. and, thank you so much for playing beauty parlor and helping me wash my hair. I am so grateful to have you in my life. I love you!

Jim - Thank you for ALWAYS being there to help with ANYTHING. Through you I can see where James gets so many of his great qualities. I love you!

Millie - thank you for only being a phone call or text away to answer all my stupid medical questions. I am a freak, but you love me anyways...thank you!!! And, thanks for the knee pictures to put on the good ole' blog!

Brookie - thank you for being Oaklee's other mother. I'm so grateful she has another place to call home! I love you!

Squires - thanks for letting Brittany crash your place for 4 days...where would I be without friends like you? She had a blast and I am so grateful to know I did not have to worry at all while I was gone!

Brady - thank you for taking care of my boys! They adore you and I am so grateful for all that you do for my family. We know that you are always just a phone call away. We will sure miss you when you venture to Korea.

Again, I'm sure I am forgetting somebody, but I try! I would not trade being closer to medical facilities for the friendships and general neighborliness of this amazing community. I love this town and all the people who give so much of themselves. God really does look out for me!

2 comments:

M n L Hall Family said...

Because I feel like the most crappy sister I need to tell you I have been thinking about you and I even had Matt call to see how you were on Sat but got James and who knows if you even knew we called! Spring is so busy and we are more than ready for school to be out and not have quite so much going on! haha We are most likely going to be heading that way for Jesse's ordination Memorial day weekend, Matt has graduation here on sat. so not sure about plans for sure and with our lambs it won't be for too long but it will be nice to get over there! Hope you are doing better, know that even though we are over here you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything went well and that I got to see you for just a minute! Sounds like you have a lot of GREAT people taking care of you. I arranged it all:) hehehe
No really I wish we were closer so I could help out but you are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I personally didn't go through what you went through but Dale did and it was hard to see him in so much pain as he still worked and went to school to provide for our family. Good luck and know we are thinking about you!