


BABY
This is all about Kaiden (my first baby)
1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? In the bathroom of our apartment in Cedar City
2. Who was with you? Nobody - I made James wait in the bedroom until I could read the test - I came out with a BIG smile on my face and he knew!!!
3. How did you find out that you were pregnant? Home pregnancy test
4. What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? I was so stinkin' excited!!!
5. Who was the first person you told? After James, it was my sister-in-law, Sherrie
6. Did you plan to get pregnant? I didn't plan NOT to...if that counts!
7. Did you tell everyone else right away? We told a few people, but waited until deer hunt weekend in Blanding to tell EVERYONE!!!
8. Was everybody happy for you? No (Kaiden was a honeymoon baby - people were worried for us...it's understandable, but I will never be sorry for the timing - Kaiden is such a great kid...he helped me survive the years James was in school and working).
9. Did you go out and celebrate? We celebrated at home (again, we were newlyweds with NO $$$, but we were creative enough to celebrate at home).
10. Did you want to find out the sex? Oh yea - I can't do the surprise thing. And, I was so excited for a boy - every girl needs a big brother!!! (as a side note...I did let my 3rd kid be a surprise...I had one of each and decided it would be fun to be surprised, so Hunter was a total surprise).
11. What was the sex? Boy
12. Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Yes, Jeannette (with the help of my sisters and the Hall and Stay family) did one in Orem, and my neighbors at the apartments did one in Cedar.
13. If yes, who? See above
14. Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you knew you would just not put on your baby? Nope...my family has GREAT taste, and my neighbors gave me a bunch of supplies.
15. How much weight did you gain? 25 lbs (it was the exact same with all four kids)
16. Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? Yes
17. Did you get a lot of stretch marks? TONS!!!
18. What did you crave the most? Ice-cream, specifically frosties from Wendy's and chocolate dipped cones from Dairy Queen.
19. Did you crave anything crazy? Nope, but I did eat a lot of pickles...they were the only thing that kept the acidy taste out of my mouth.
20. Who or what got on your nerves the most? Smells - I hated the smell of microwave popcorn and toast!!!
21. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Nope
22. Where were you when you went into labor? At home
23. Did your water break? Nope (not once with four kids did it ever break on its own).
24. Who drove you to the hospital? James
25. Did you go early or late? One day early
26. Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? James, my mom (she literally got there JUST in time to come in - she drove from Monticello to Cedar when I called and told her they were breaking my water) and Dr. Key
27. How long were you in labor for? about 12 hours (as soon as they gave me the epidural, my labored STOPPED, so it took some time to get going again).
28. Did you have any drugs for the pain? As mentioned above, I had an epidural...it's a wonderful thing!!!
29. Did you go natural or have a c-section? natural
30. What was your first reaction after giving birth? I was so excited...I cried!
31. How big was the baby? 7 lb. 2 oz - 21 inches long
32. Did your husband cry? Yes
33. What did you name the baby? James Kaiden Hughes
34. Does his name have any significant meaning? James is a family name (his dad and grandpa) and I just really liked the name Kaiden
35.Did you have any visitors? Oh, yes!!! My mom, my dad, Josh and Sherrie, JC, Tonya and Cindy, Jen and Clarissa, and I'm sure there were more...it's been 11 years.
36. Did the baby have any complications? None!!!
37. How old is your baby today? 11
38. When is the next one coming? I'm done!
39. If you could, would you do it all over again? In a heartbeat!
I tag: Brookie, Jenelle, Nicole, Nan, April, McKell, Amy
This is all about Kaiden (my first baby)
1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? In the bathroom of our apartment in Cedar City
2. Who was with you? Nobody - I made James wait in the bedroom until I could read the test - I came out with a BIG smile on my face and he knew!!!
3. How did you find out that you were pregnant? Home pregnancy test
4. What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? I was so stinkin' excited!!!
5. Who was the first person you told? After James, it was my sister-in-law, Sherrie
6. Did you plan to get pregnant? I didn't plan NOT to...if that counts!
7. Did you tell everyone else right away? We told a few people, but waited until deer hunt weekend in Blanding to tell EVERYONE!!!
8. Was everybody happy for you? No (Kaiden was a honeymoon baby - people were worried for us...it's understandable, but I will never be sorry for the timing - Kaiden is such a great kid...he helped me survive the years James was in school and working).
9. Did you go out and celebrate? We celebrated at home (again, we were newlyweds with NO $$$, but we were creative enough to celebrate at home).
10. Did you want to find out the sex? Oh yea - I can't do the surprise thing. And, I was so excited for a boy - every girl needs a big brother!!! (as a side note...I did let my 3rd kid be a surprise...I had one of each and decided it would be fun to be surprised, so Hunter was a total surprise).
11. What was the sex? Boy
12. Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Yes, Jeannette (with the help of my sisters and the Hall and Stay family) did one in Orem, and my neighbors at the apartments did one in Cedar.
13. If yes, who? See above
14. Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you knew you would just not put on your baby? Nope...my family has GREAT taste, and my neighbors gave me a bunch of supplies.
15. How much weight did you gain? 25 lbs (it was the exact same with all four kids)
16. Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? Yes
17. Did you get a lot of stretch marks? TONS!!!
18. What did you crave the most? Ice-cream, specifically frosties from Wendy's and chocolate dipped cones from Dairy Queen.
19. Did you crave anything crazy? Nope, but I did eat a lot of pickles...they were the only thing that kept the acidy taste out of my mouth.
20. Who or what got on your nerves the most? Smells - I hated the smell of microwave popcorn and toast!!!
21. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Nope
22. Where were you when you went into labor? At home
23. Did your water break? Nope (not once with four kids did it ever break on its own).
24. Who drove you to the hospital? James
25. Did you go early or late? One day early
26. Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? James, my mom (she literally got there JUST in time to come in - she drove from Monticello to Cedar when I called and told her they were breaking my water) and Dr. Key
27. How long were you in labor for? about 12 hours (as soon as they gave me the epidural, my labored STOPPED, so it took some time to get going again).
28. Did you have any drugs for the pain? As mentioned above, I had an epidural...it's a wonderful thing!!!
29. Did you go natural or have a c-section? natural
30. What was your first reaction after giving birth? I was so excited...I cried!
31. How big was the baby? 7 lb. 2 oz - 21 inches long
32. Did your husband cry? Yes
33. What did you name the baby? James Kaiden Hughes
34. Does his name have any significant meaning? James is a family name (his dad and grandpa) and I just really liked the name Kaiden
35.Did you have any visitors? Oh, yes!!! My mom, my dad, Josh and Sherrie, JC, Tonya and Cindy, Jen and Clarissa, and I'm sure there were more...it's been 11 years.
36. Did the baby have any complications? None!!!
37. How old is your baby today? 11
38. When is the next one coming? I'm done!
39. If you could, would you do it all over again? In a heartbeat!
I tag: Brookie, Jenelle, Nicole, Nan, April, McKell, Amy
3 comments:
Kaiden is a great kid. In fact, I think all your kids are great.
P.S. Your hair looks cute!
Jolyn
Hey I was there!!!
That's right...weren't you and Jer there? I remember...Jer was freaked out and would NOT hold Kaiden! Thanks for the reminder...I knew I was missing someone! What a dunce...I shouldn't forget my own sister! See what having kids does to a person...our brains are the first to do...they'd have to, or we would never do it again :) I'm so kidding - I absolutely LOVE my kids!!! Love ya, sis!!!
Post a Comment