Friday, December 19, 2008

My mighty cookie chef...

So Monday night I am making chocolate chip cookies for home-evening when I look over and there is Kaiden measuring ingredients into small bowls. When I asked him what he was doing, he looked at me like I was blind and said, "I'm making cookies." Ok - that's all fine and dandy, but I was already making cookies. So, I asked him what kind he was making...he decided on peanut butter. Since I was already making chocolate chip cookies, I told him he was on his own...apparently that was his intent all along. He carefully measured each ingredient into it's own small bowl, and then added each bowl into the mixer. It reminded me of watching the cooking shows on TV. He did a great job...and I think his cookies were a bigger hit than mine! After years and years of saying that Kaiden is definitely his daddy's kid...it's nice to see a little of me in the kid!

Love you, Kaiden!!!

Carefully adding flour to the mixture...I'm sure we would see a tongue sticking out if I had the camera at a different angle!

Close-up of the peanut butter mixture

The art of using the cookie scoop!

The not-so-careful PLOP of dough on the pan.

OK - I had to sneak a peak of my cookies...they lasted longer than Kaidens (and, that is not a good thing...Kaiden's cookies were devoured!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is his mothers son isn't he!!! Way to go Kaiden, I don't bake goodies, my family would love you:)

kim said...

He is going to make on GREAT husband some day!

Andy & Alicia said...

MMM! I can just smell them now. I bet they turned out yummy! Yours too!

Nan said...

Garrett posted the video of him and Kaiden singing at your mom's on his blog. When I first glanced at your post, I thought it said "Mighty Cookie Thief". I have a couple boys who keep wanting me to let them cook more, too. Maybe I will just send them to your house. ;-)