



I've wanted to do this post for awhile, and I wish I had better pictures, but here goes...I'm not sure how many times I've heard people say, "James has it easy. He only has to work from 8:00 to 3:00. And he gets his summers off." Well, for all those people that think teachers have it easy and that their day is a cake walk... I would like to give you a glimpse into the average day of my teacher. And, mind you, this is an average day...not the end of a term, or mid-term, or SEOP day...this is just an average day. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the clock when James started and again when he finished. His typical day begins at 6:00 am-when we get the kids up and ready for school. He leaves around 7:30, gets to school and gets things ready for the day. Then he has his first 4 classes...for lunch he works in A+ and then he finishes his school day with 3 more classes. Some days he spends from 3:00 to 5:30 in tutoring (not as much this year, because I am working full-time and he needs to be home with the kids). After getting home, he helps the kids with their homework (when did 1st, 4th, and 6th grade math get to be so confusing?) and starts dinner. I get home around 5:00 and we have a couple hours as a family before bed. The kids go down between 8:00 and 9:00. James and I usually visit for a little bit and then the other work begins. Around 10:00 he starts his grading...and that takes anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to complete. Then there is the phone calls from parents or students needing help...which he is ALWAYS willing to accept. James is a fantastic teacher. He loves his job and is GREAT at it. I realize that I am a little bias, but teaching is NOT a cake-walk. It is a hard job (when done right) that takes a lot of dedication. My hat goes off to all teachers. Thank you for all the hard work and thankless hours you put into educating my children! And, to my most favoritest teacher of all...I love you and thank my Heavenly Father DAILY that you are in my life! You are an amazing husband, father, and teacher!
1 comment:
I think all of us think we have it worse than anyone else. I love that you are here to not only "stand by your man" but that he loves his job as much as he does and still put up with all the JUNK that goes with it and yet still finds time to be a fantasic dad.
Post a Comment