Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ballroom Cave and Bluff Cemetery

So, this is a wee bit out of order, but I was so excited to post everything, that I just posted as I wanted...anyways, here are some shots of our hike to Ballroom Cave and Bluff cemetery. I had no idea there was even a place known as Ballroom Cave. James said he made the hike a lot growing up. I guess it's a cave that EVERYONE has carved their initials in...we found so many names and dates...as far back as 1896. We discovered James initials from 1993...Jim's from 1975...and Grandma Verde (Washburn) Hughes from (actually I have no ideas WHEN...there was NO date...but it was still fun). We ran into Tom and Karie Palmer and they took the hike with us...it was a GREAT way to end this fun-filled day of memories!!!


I gave birth to a mountain goat. This picture does NOT show just how CRAZY this kid is...the slope was a bit steep for me...and it was quite high...but, Kaiden has fun conquering it!

One more shot before I got a little nauseated...I am so frightened of heights...I was a bit dizzy watching Kaiden!

Our fearless leaders...almost there!

Checking out ALL the names and dates.

Does that SERIOUSLY say 1896?!?!?!

Check this out...there is LIGHT coming in from a hole at the top of the cave....

...and here's Oaklee checking out the darkness at the very BACK of the cave!

Can you see the JH 93? That's my hubby!!! And the JWH 75 to the right? That is my father-in-law!!!

The Washburn Family...Verde is our Grandma Hughes.

Adding another generation of James Hughes' to the cave...James Kaiden Hughes (JKH 2010)

So, this is NOT the cave, but I had to include a couple shots from our trek through Bluff Cemetery! James and his girls...and, of course, Hunter just HAD to get in the shot!!!

James and the kids...What a FABULOUS day!!! Love you ALL!!!

No comments: