OK, so maybe it's not technically a HIKE, but it SOUNDS better to say HIKE rather than leisurely stroll. We spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday in Kasaan with Stewart and Carrie's family. We decided that we MUST take advantage of the beautiful weather and GET OUT! So, we took the family on a LEISURELY stroll down Totem Trail.
Josh was TRYING to catch up with the kids for the picture...they really were quite a ways ahead...thus, the grainy picture.
The kids at one of the totems...I won't even attempt to spell his name, but he's the one that EATS children who do NOT behave!!!
The Whale House
The view at the END of Totem Trail
The kids combin' the beach
I know...ENOUGH VIEWS...but, I am still in awe of the fact that I live here!!!
Josh and Oaks stompin' through the water
No comment
Boozer enjoying the sunny day at the beach
I WAS there...see!!!
Have I mentioned that I gave birth to a mountain goat? This kid will find ANYTHING to climb!!!
Pips was having a BLAST running through the water...and leaping over the seaweed.
Boozer playing fetch
Kaid at the totem mentioned before...
...he's sure pushin' his luck with the child eater!!! I put BOTH pictures in to give an idea of the SIZE of these things!
The trail
A view from the bottom looking UP!!!
The white stuff is called "Bear Bread." Not sure if the bears actually use it to make sandwiches, but apparently it IS used in a drug of some sort!
The stream...poor dying salmon!
Another totem...this one is the son of the chief of the Whale House...I was told the story, but don't remember and REALLY don't want to mess it up!!!
Hunter with his bazooka!
Hiking HOME!
The WHALE at The Whale House...who'da thought?!?!?
Da Bird
Da Fam
Kaiden is SERIOUSLY pushin' his luck, man!!!
Lookin' out at the ocean from Big Log Beach
Wonder WHY they call it "Big Log Beach?"
Thank you, Stewart and Carrie for a GREAT weekend!!! Oh, wait...I still have pictures from the FISHING...coming SOON!!!




























1 comment:
You sound kind of excited, Becky! It is good to hear you are loving it there. I enjoyed all the pictures and commentary. It took me looking at all those pictures before I realized the totem of the guy that eats kids actually has upside-down people hanging out of his mouth. I kind of thought you had been joking about that at first.
Give everyone our love!
Post a Comment