- NOTHING is more important than family! I've never met a person more devoted to her family than my mother. Life keeps her crazy busy, but she will move mountains to be there for her family!
- The value of HARD work. I do not know a person who works like my mother.
- Charity...the pure love of Christ. My mother gives all she has to so many...often times with little or NO compensation. I think I am most grateful for this example. I love her desire to help any and all that she can!
- Faith...to this day I can hear my mother tell a family member that if he/she will just pay his/her tithing, then he/she will be okay. I have NEVER questioned this...I just do it!
- Unconditional love. This is too much to try to explain...I'm already in tears, but my mother loves deep and she loves hard. Once she loves you, you are hers forever...just ask how many kids she has...and I don't mean by blood or marriage!
- How to love my children. I learned just how important it is to love and care for my children. I learned that to love is not always to give...there were times that I wanted and couldn't have, but later I was so grateful that I hadn't taken that road. My mom was not always my greatest friend, but she was always my MOM...she never gave up on me and she NEVER let me down!
- Nothing comes before my marriage. This lesson was a little hard for a teenager to grasp, but I (and James) will be forever grateful for this lesson. It's not always easy, but marriage is the GREATEST blessing, and I am glad that I had such a great example with my Mom and Joe!
- Have FUN!!! Life is crazy, life can suck, life can take you places you don't want to go...but, there is NOTHING that can't be overcome! Take time to enjoy it...even if it seems impossible. The memories you make with your family can NEVER be replaced.
Well, the list could go on and on, but I'm not sure I can handle the emotions right now. I love my mother and thank my Heavenly Father daily for the woman, wife, sister, mother, and friend that she is. She is one of the greatest examples of what a woman should be...I LOVE YOU, MOM!
Happy Mother's Day!!!
3 comments:
We love your mom too! It is amazing the older I get (but don't worry I'm not old) the more I realize how much my mom really did teach!
What a great tribute to your mom. We are lucky to have great mothers in our lives. Hope you had a great Mother's Day as well.
I got tears in my eyes too as I read your tribute to your mom--I remember some of thos hard teenage days long ago. Your mom really is a great lady, and so are you. Hope you both had a Happy Mother's Day.
Post a Comment