Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Baby Brother is a Champion...

(photo from SL Tribune)


(photo from Deseret News)


...my baby brother, Jesse Ray Barton, claimed the 1A 215 lb. State Champion title on Saturday! The Buckaroo team wrestled their way into a State trophy, as well (the first one in 23 years). And, to top it off, Coach Adair recieved the honor of Coach of the Year. What a day!!! I am so stinkin' proud of Jesse. He is quite a remarkable young man. He is the kind of person I hope my own children can look up to and admire...he is simply amazing. I am hoping to steal some pictures from my sister-in-law...if I get them, I will post more. It was such a great weekend! Go BUCKS!!!

4 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

YAY! That's awesome. Wrestling is so good because you can excel as an individual even if your team isn't. But in this case it worked out great for your brother and his tean. GOOD JOB!

jer and lous crew said...

way to go jesse...that is so awesome...kathrine said you had a good time up there...loves

Jenelle said...

Congrats!!! I know how hard a First place win can be, and it has to feel good. Hard work really must have paid off. The pictures are awsome too, can't get better than seeing his opponent laying on the floor wondering what just happened, GOOD JOB!

Nan said...

I love that you posted the pictures of him from the newspapers. I thought about doing that, but you have got it covered. I am enjoying reading all of your recent posts.