...love you, Nan.

yes, I stole this picture from Nan's blog...I do not have a single picture of Nan in my files...CRAZY!
Anyways, I have been wanting to do this post for a while, but I kept waiting and hoping that the right words would present themselves...but, alas, they never came! So, I am using Nan's birthday as my excuse to STOP putting it off.
I want to share a couple of things that make me really LOVE and ADMIRE this woman (not only did I steal your picture, but I also stole your idea...good thing you love me anyways)! One of the qualities I MOST admire about Nan is her ability to FORGIVE. I think this is such a HUGE thing to me, because I tend to hold a grudge...FOREVER!!! Throughout the past couple of years I have come to know Nan on a different level than I had in prior years...and I have grown to truly love and admire her ability to forgive and move on. I have seen many things thrown at this woman...life has not been all easy or kind, but she has been able to move forward. She soes not let the things people say or do hold her back. She is able to truly forgive and even embrace those that are not always kind. What an amazing and admirable quality. I have learned from her to look beyond the words and try to REALLY see the person. Thank you, Nan, for being the forgiving person that you are.
Another quality that I admire and appreciate is Nan's ability to see the good in ALL those around her. She can find the most endearing quality in just about anybody. I have even been able to see the good in myself...and, believe me, that is not an easy thing for me to embrace. She doesn't wait until the words are perfect, or the timing is just right, she MAKES the words and the timing...she lifts whoever she can...whenever she can! Thank you, Nan, for finding the good in others, and sharing those discoveries with the rest of us!
I truly admire this woman and am so grateful to not only call her my sister, but also my friend. I hope your birthday was a GREAT one. Love you!!!
Anyways, I have been wanting to do this post for a while, but I kept waiting and hoping that the right words would present themselves...but, alas, they never came! So, I am using Nan's birthday as my excuse to STOP putting it off.
I want to share a couple of things that make me really LOVE and ADMIRE this woman (not only did I steal your picture, but I also stole your idea...good thing you love me anyways)! One of the qualities I MOST admire about Nan is her ability to FORGIVE. I think this is such a HUGE thing to me, because I tend to hold a grudge...FOREVER!!! Throughout the past couple of years I have come to know Nan on a different level than I had in prior years...and I have grown to truly love and admire her ability to forgive and move on. I have seen many things thrown at this woman...life has not been all easy or kind, but she has been able to move forward. She soes not let the things people say or do hold her back. She is able to truly forgive and even embrace those that are not always kind. What an amazing and admirable quality. I have learned from her to look beyond the words and try to REALLY see the person. Thank you, Nan, for being the forgiving person that you are.
Another quality that I admire and appreciate is Nan's ability to see the good in ALL those around her. She can find the most endearing quality in just about anybody. I have even been able to see the good in myself...and, believe me, that is not an easy thing for me to embrace. She doesn't wait until the words are perfect, or the timing is just right, she MAKES the words and the timing...she lifts whoever she can...whenever she can! Thank you, Nan, for finding the good in others, and sharing those discoveries with the rest of us!
I truly admire this woman and am so grateful to not only call her my sister, but also my friend. I hope your birthday was a GREAT one. Love you!!!
2 comments:
My goodness! Where have I been? Not on my computer, obviously. Thank you, Becky. That was really sweet of you to say so many nice things about me. And yes, I am in tears now, sitting at the front desk in Britt's office. Let's just hope nobody walks in for a few more minutes.
What nice things to say about someone. Sounds like she possesses the qualities that are the hardest to come by.
Post a Comment