Hunter turned 8 this October...I still can't believe it!!! This child is such a joy to me and to so many around him. He has such an amazing ability to make EVERYONE smile/laugh! It's kind of interesting, when you consider just how MISERABLE he was as a baby. The morning Hunter was born was kind of a scary experience. I woke up, sent James to work, got the kids breakfast and decided to get myself ready. While beginning the "getting ready" process, I started to BLEED! It completely freaked me out, so I called the ER and they said to come on down. I then called James and told him to meet me at the hospital. I had my dad drive me to Provo, where I met up with James. The doctor met me in labor/delivery and we discovered that I was, indeed, in labor. I had not had a single contraction up to this point...just the MAJOR bleeding. The doctor was quite concerned about that, so he started me on PIT and away we went...literally...it only took about an hour from that time until Hunter was born!
I had decided early in the pregnancy that I wanted this baby to be a surprise...we had one boy and one girl already, so it would be fun to be surprised. I was completely convinced that this baby was a girl...little did I know. While talking to the nurse in labor/delivery, she asked what we were having...I didn't know, so she decided to make one pink sign and one blue sign...well, when Hunter was born the nurse said, "Looks like we will need the blue one." That is how we discovered that Hunter was, indeed, a BOY!!!
Hunter spent the first 7 weeks of his life CRYING!!! It took us that long, and TWO pediatricians to realize that he was not digesting his milk properly. Once that problem was fixed (thank heavens for Nutramigen...it's like white GOLD), Hunter became the HAPPIEST baby EVER! He has kept us smiling, laughing, and completely ENTERTAINED for the past 8 years!!!
Some highlights from Hunter...

This kid LOVES fishing...whether he catches fish or CRAWDADS!!!
A couple years ago James and Brady were outside working on a dog house for Brady's dogs. James told Hunter and Kaiden that they could play with the scraps. Well, a while into the project, Hunter goes up to James and says, "Hey, Dad, we're busy and really need the nailgun here!"
1 of 3 pre-school graduations...he stared when he was 2!!!
James came home for lunch a few years ago (I know it had to be at least 3 because I was home and NOT working yet). Hunter was playing a game on the computer and wanted James to type in the code to advance his play. James was busy and said he would do it in a minute. Well, not a minute later, Hunter yelled back, "Never mind, Dad, I'm a freakin' genius."

He ALWAYS makes me laugh!!!
James is the scoutmaster in our ward (and has been for a couple of years). Last winter, Hunter went with the boys and James on a camp out. They were having competition on knot tying, throwing, and whatever else it is that scouts do. Hunter was right there in the middle of it all...he even won the award for fastest knot tying! I think he earned his EAGLE even BEFORE he officially became a scout!!! :)

Do you see WHY I love this kid so much...he doesn't even have to TRY to be cute!!!
Yesterday, James took the boys to sacrament meeting a little early and then came back to pick up me and the girls. When we walked into sacrament meeting, there was Hunter, sitting on our bench, completely engrossed in his scriptures. He wanted to save his place and asked me to hand him a piece of paper. I told him that the ribbon in his scriptures was designed for that. He informed me that the ribbon was marking a scripture that was very important. It was one he would need to know when he went on his mission. What an amazing kid!!!
I cannot put into words all this child means to me. How does a mother EVER describe the love she has for her child? Hunter is one amazing child and I thank my Heavenly Father DAILY for the special spirit He gave to me. Hunter brings a TRUE light into our home. His smile ALONE could light up any space. I love you, little guy!!!
Because the eight birthday is so special, we decided to let Hunter have a friend party. Being the wonderful mom (and NOT so wonderful wife) I told Hunter that he could invite 5 friends to go Blacklight miniature golfing in Monticello...then I told James that he would be taking them while I stayed home to make dinner. We had cupcakes, hot pockets, applesauce, and strawberry milk...it was GREAT!!!

And, I figured that one out without James' help!

6 very excited 7 and 8-year-olds...too fun!!
What a CRAZY bunch! We sure had fun with them!!!
**as a side note...we baptized Hunter on Halloween...very appropriate...it was a wee bit crazy, so I forgot my camera. Jon took pictures and said that he would share...I will post them as soon as I get them!



2 comments:
I am sorry I wasn't at the baptism. I would have taken pictures to share, too, if I had been there. But I am sure you are all glad I didn't share the crud I had with you. Congratulations, Hunter! So proud of you.
He was the cutest baby EVER! And he really was so happy after you got his tummy troubles worked out. Hooray for Hunter!
Post a Comment