Saturday, February 13, 2010

To my neglected blog...

It has been a LONG while since I last visited you, dear friend! Life has been CRAZY...not bad, just CRAZY! In the past couple of months, my oldest son tried out for and made the 7th grade basketball team (of course, his dad is one of the coaches, so we had to deal with the LOVELY small mindedness of people who believed this was the ONLY reason he made the team)...he had a GREAT season...he swished a few baskets, played some great defense, and even fouled another player (that is REAL news for my very NON-aggressive child). My oldest daughter is getting ready for her first volleyball tournament of the year...she has a FANTASTIC coach and is completely STOKED to be playing volleyball again! My baby girl turned six and I have had to do MAJOR deep breathing to get over THAT...where does the time go? I have spent much of the past few weeks in deep thought and prayer...It's been a time of growth, reflection, sorrow, and even JOY. We spent Christmas vacation in Colorado where life seems so simple and enjoyable...I LOVE to visit Matt and his family...what GEMS they truly are!!! Christmas has come and gone...the new year has begun, and I have REFUSED once again to make ANY resolutions!!! That said, I have decided that I will NOT relive or even revisit 2009...it was a year I would NOT want to repeat. I have determined to find more joy and laughter in 2010. I have much to be happy about and so many things to find joy in...I will look to that JOY to make 2010 a year to remember!

Well...it is late, and I am not making any sense, but I SO needed to post SOMETHING!!!

Oh, yeah...2010 also sees me with a NEW job...I have said good bye to the College and hello to the Credit Union...I'll post more on that one later!

For now, I will just say, "Good night."

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

'bout time! 2010 is a great place to start new beginnings, and leave all the mistakes of the past behind!

QuillandCanvas said...

Hurray! You're back!!! It's great to "hear" your voice again in the blogosphere!